Life at Eckerd
The Student Life staff at Eckerd is comprised of creative, energetic, and dedicated individuals who are sophisticated in their areas of specialty and deeply committed to helping students get the most out of college life. We are pleased that you are interested in joining our community, and we encourage you to contact us to explore further the innovative educational and campus life programs at Eckerd.
The key characteristics of student life at Eckerd include:
- A genuine learning and caring community where students thrive socially, physically, intellectually, spiritually and where students participate in shaping campus life;
- A wide array of social, cultural, entertainment, and recreational programs and activities where students enrich their classroom learning by interacting with peers, faculty, and staff;
- Local, national, and international service-learning opportunities through a variety of co-curricular service programs, course-based service-learning experiences, alternative Spring Break service trips, and service abroad;
- Career and graduate school preparation that includes engaged and field-based learning opportunities and internships, career exploration and counseling resources, and student directed campus life initiatives that help to ready our graduates for success in graduate and professional schools, in the workplace, and as citizens;
- Through ASPEC, access to the wisdom and career and personal insights of a sophisticated group of senior professionals, retired statespersons, physicians, lawyers, artists, and others;
- Proximity to beaches and marine activities, including fishing, sailing, and water skiing directly from campus;
- Access to the cultural resources of the vibrant Tampa Bay region and the unique natural ecosystems of Florida's Gulf coast.