- ThinkOutside at Eckerd
- Meet the Staff
- News Media/Advertising
- Request Our Support
- News & Events
Office of Marketing and Communications
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
local: (727) 864-7979
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
fax: (727) 864-8423
ThinkOutside at Eckerd
At Eckerd, We ThinkOutside
This College mantra, applicable campus-wide, not only speaks to our emphasis on critical thinking and our beautiful Florida environment, but also applies to our focus on learning not only inside the classroom, but also outside the classroom in residence halls, eateries, student lounges, our campus beach and athletic fields, and through internships and other forms of experiential learning. ThinkOutside reflects the College's historical roots in the 1960s; its inclusiveness - since it founding - of people of all races, religious backgrounds, sexual orientations and opinions; its adult education programs, which attract those who seek a unique, inspiring and motivating education; and its commitment always to think beyond the conventional and strive for excellence in everything. In short, ThinkOutside embodies the combination of location, curriculum and experiential learning that makes Eckerd unique.
What does it mean to ThinkOutside?
- Thinking differently
- Thinking dimensionally
- Learning through doing
- Integrating daily life with daily learning
- Being willing to try, to take intellectual risk, to innovate, to be open
- Being aware of the world and engaging with it, and giving back to it
- Embracing the outdoors as a learning laboratory
- Embracing diversity and every facet of differences
- Helping to create an environment that uniquely melds individual freedom with community responsibly
What does thinking outside look like?
Learn more about the ThinkOutside and Eckerd College wordmarks.